Danang is one of the 20 cleanest cities in the world. It lies in the middle of Vietnam and has mountainous, flat terrain and the long coast. When travel to Vietnam, Da Nang is an ideal holiday destination for both domestic and foreign tourists who are looking for a Signature Luxury holiday in Vietnam
The main attractions in Da Nang include the Ba Na Tourist Center, My Khe Beach, Fantasy Park, the largest game park in Asia. In addition to this, the city has the beautiful natural landscape with the pass Hai Van, jungle in the Son Tra Peninsula and the Ngu Hanh Son mountains. In particular, there are 3 Himalayas, Hoi An and My Son near Da Nang. Next is the National Park Phong Nha – Ke Bang. Every year, a fireworks festival is held here and attracts many tourists.
Rail: From Hanoi or Saigon there is the train (route North – South) to Da Nang with the ticket price of 300,000 to 1,200,000 VND each train and place. It takes about 14 – 20 hours.
Airplane: From Hanoi / Saigon to Da Nang the flight ticket costs from 600,000 to 2,200,000 VND. The flight takes about 1.5 hours.
Shuttle bus: It currently costs only 400,000 – 500,000 VND. The most famous shuttle bus is Hoanglong, Mai Linh, Thuan Thao … Each ride takes 18 – 20 hours.
Around the city:
The best way to explore this city is motorcycle. One can easily rent a moped with the price of 100,000 – 120,000 VND. Almost all hotels offer this service.
Bus: There is bus route Da Nang – Hue (3 hours) or Da Nang – Hoi An (1 hour) and vice versa.
Taxi: the reliable taxi fires are Song Han, Tien Sa, Mai Linh, Vinasun Green.
2. Sights to see in Danang
In the city center (Hai Chau district and Thanh Khe)
- Museum of Cham Sculptures: Here numerous artifacts of Cham culture are exhibited.
- Commune temple Hai Chau: the oldest temple in Da Nang
- Nghia Chung Hoa Vang: ruins of Cham culture
- Han bridge: the only rotated bridge in Vietnam and symbol of the city. If a part of the bridge rotates on average 90 degrees, the ships can go through.
- Drachenbrücke: this bridge will be built up just in 2013. It links the route from Da Nang Airport to My Khe Beach, Non Nuoc. The bridge is the figure of a dragon.
- Con Market : The busiest shopping center in the city and the center of Vietnam.
3. Son Tra peninsula
- Linh Ung Pagoda: In Da Nang there are 3 pagodas with the same name Linh Ung.
- The pagoda in the Son Tra peninsula is the largest.
- Suoi Tien and Suoi Da: These two primitive Bach’s are usually the intermediate stop during the tour Da Nang – Son Tra Peninsula.
- Bai But: Although this beach has no large area, it possesses the beautiful position.
- Bai Bac: A new destination of tourism Da Nang.
4. Beaches in Danang
- My Khe: Strand My Khe is declared one of the 6 most beautiful sea beaches in the world at Forbes magazine .
- Pham Van Dong: This beach attracts a large number of domestic and foreign tourists every year.
- Bac My An: White smooth sand and glasklare water are the advantages of this beach.
Da Nang offers tourists a range of hotels and resorts in all categories along the sea beaches, so they have multiple selections and enjoy your beach holiday without worry.
5. Ngu Hanh Son (Marble mountains)
- Pagoda Tam Thai: it is located west of the mountain Thuy Son, one of 5 famous mountains Ngu Hanh Son.
- Stone sculptor village Non Nuoc: This village is known for the production of stone sculptors.
- Beach Non Nuoc: With the smooth sand, blue and still water, this place attracts many visitors.
6. Excursions from Danang
- Ba Na – Nui Chua: The mountains are located in the village of Hoa Vang, 40 kilometers southwest of the city. In Ba Na tourists can enjoy all 4 seasons in one day.
- Hai Van Pass: This steep and rugged pass is the border between north and south of Vietnam.
- Cam Ne Village : Cam Ne has long been used for the production of bedlakes, which then used by the royal family.
- The old village Tuy Loan: The village is about 15 kilometers from the town center and more than 500 years old. Here one can enjoy the specialties of Da Nang like Banh Trang (Reispapier) or My Quang (noodles).
7. Local foods in Danang
Da Nang has 2 markets: Cho Han and Cho Con. In addition, this city develops very fast, so many new supermarkets like Da Nang, Metro, BigC, Intimex etc are opening.
Useful address for tourists:
- Mi Quang (Noodles): Mi Quang No. 1A Hai Phong, Mi Quang Ba Vi 155 Trung Nu Vuong; Costs: 20,000 – 30,000 VND / Ration
- Goi ca Nam O (fish salad): Nguyen Tat Thanh or Bridge Nam O; Cost: 40,000 VND / Ration
- Banh trang thit heo (rice pork with pork): Chau Thi Vinh Te, Hai Phong, Duy Tan, Banh Trang Tran No. 4 Le Duan, Quan Mau 35 Do Phuc Thinh …; Cost: 50,000 – 80,000 VND
- Banh xeo (rice pancake): K280 / 23 Hoang Dieu
- With tron (jackfruit salad): Ong I Duong, Pham Van Nghi
- Sea snail: street Le Duan